Householders in deprived Cornish communities are receiving one-to-one help to enjoy warmer, safer homes thanks to a pioneering project sponsored by the gas network provider Wales & West Utilities and co-managed by Warm Wales CIC, who operate as Warm West in our region. The Healthy Homes, Healthy People project is working to replicate the success of Warm Wales’ award-winning projects in South and North Wales, which have been running since 2017. The project aims to help householders save money and access a broad range of projects and services provided by Community Energy Plus together with other local and national organisations.
The services offered include:
- Help with your energy bills – cheaper prices, discounts and savings
- Help with your household budget and income maximisation
- Extra help from the electricity, gas and water companies
- Home safety such as fire safety checks, smoke and carbon monoxide alarms
- Grants for heating systems and insulation