Keep well this winter
Are you (or someone you know) elderly, with underlying health issues, caring for a vulnerable person or young children, worried about fuel bills, debts, keeping warm or your home being cold or damp? Is it affecting your health? If so, then Winter Wellbeing can help.
For advice and access to services provided by the programme’s partner organisations, call the Community Energy Plus helpline on Freephone 0800 954 1956
The Winter Wellbeing programme offers access to a range of services to help you stay warm and well this winter, including:
Services to help you enjoy a warmer, healthier home
- Independent energy advice tailored to your individual needs, including home visits and follow-up support.
- Access to heating and insulation grants.
- Providing practical advice on understanding and reducing your energy bills and combatting condensation and damp.
Services to progress people to work
Cornwall Works ‘conversation’ to access all of Cornwall’s back-to-work support, whether training, volunteering or moving towards work.
Services to support families with children
- Support for families with children if they have additional needs.
- Confidential advice on parenting.
- Debt advice.
- Benefits advice.
- Health information.
Services to support older people
- Meals on wheels.
- Home library service.
- Home help, personal shoppers, nail cutting service, befriending, cleaning, advocacy, non-urgent transport.
- Mobility improvements for the home (stair lifts, bathroom adaptions, aid call personal alarms).
- Benefit checks – income maximisation – complete service from eligibility to application assistance.
- Access to four day centres across Cornwall – independent, making friends, socialising and provision of hot meals.
- Exercise classes.
- Getting online – via day centres and informal IT classes.
- Signposting service based on the requirements identified though the assessment.
- Confidential and impartial advice to individuals on debt, welfare benefit and housing issues.
- Benefits advice.
Winter Wellbeing Guide
Take a look at our Winter Wellbeing Guide and Top Tips for staying warm and well this winter – packed with useful advice and information about staying warm, keeping well and being happy and safe this winter. Hard copies are available from Council One Stop Shops, libraries and many other sources.
You can contact the Community Energy Plus helpline on Freephone 0800 954 1956, or email us at email@example.com for further information and advice.